SuperSpec

SuperSpec

Thursday 7 May 2015

Second Year at Stoneleigh

For the second year running I camped over at Stoneleigh.  Now that Donnington has been cancelled the only 'official' kit car shows are Stoneleigh and the RHOCar 'End of Season' bash, so I needed to attend.

I had a wedding reception on the Saturday night so prepositioned the car at my daughters house near Kettering.  Unfortunately, it poured with rain all night and when I came to start her in the morning she was completely dead.  Once I took the bonnet off the reason was obvious, as the engine electrics were dripping wet.  So it was out with m daughter's hair dryer and 5 minutes later she was running perfectly.   So I have cut a piece of plastic sheet to cover the engine compartment if I ever have to leave her outside again.  Lesson learned.

Nothing really new at the show so after a quick run around the stalls I parked up at the Club stand and spent the rest of the time chatting with old frinds and catching up. 

Then off to the campsite for a few beers, a hog roast and chatting long into the night.  Here is an overhead shot from a drone while we were queuing for the hog roast.  My car and (small) tent are circled..  


Then same again on Sunday, left about 14:00 and had a nice 70 mile run home.

Summer definately getting close so looking forward to more runouts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment