SuperSpec

SuperSpec

Saturday 19 March 2022

GBS Coffee & Cake

 Every few months Great British Sports Cars (GBS)  host a kit car meet at their factory.  GBS took over the Robin Hood fircoolm when it folded and still support the cars so I often attend the meets.   The weather today was fantastic, and I needed to check the cooling system so I decided to go. 

What a cracking drive, 75 miles in total.  Weather fantastic although cross wind on the A1 a bit rough (Only did 7 miles on the A1 though).   Also the sun is now high enough so I don't get blinded on the way back South (which is a good thing as my sunscreen blew off yesterday and was destroyed by the car behind 😁).

Never seen it so busy, there were a huge number of cars, the forecourt was full and cars were parked both sides of the approach roads for 100 yards.    Predominately Zeros, but lots of other kit cars of all shapes and sizes.  Free coffee and the best selection of cakes and biscuits I have seen for some time. 


I must admit that much as I love the Superspec I have a sneaking regard for the Ariel Atom:

Perhaps I could imitate it by taking all the side panels off 😁

 

 

 

I had to park on the road.   Turned out to be a good thing as I could leave when I wanted as most people on the forecourt where stuck there for the duration.   She was probably the oldest car there, all the others looked brand new in showroom condition, she still attracted a few people though so I was kept busy chatting.ng. 

No comments:

Post a Comment